25/07/2015

// july wrap-up: book haul

I was really happy with my purchases this month. I usually bought books at Barnes & Noble during my stay in America but then I discovered Amazon Prime. Some of you might think, "What?! That has been around for ages". Unfortunately Ireland isn't blessed with it, the only countries benefitting from Amazon Prime are countries from the UK. I also found about their Prime Day! Where books get discounted and shipped to you in two days. Great bargain plus fast shipping? Sign me up! Okay, so here are the books I bought.



Title: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Author: Marissa Meyer 
Publication: 8th of January 2013 by Square Fish
Format: Paperback, 387 pages 
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Post-Apocalypse


Title: Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer 
Publication: 4th of February 2014 by Square Fish
Format: Paperback, 454 pages
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Post-Apocalyptic


Title: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
Author: Marissa Meyer 
Publication: 27th of January 2015 by Square Fish
Format: Paperback, 552 pages 
Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Post-Apocalyptic



Title: Emmy & Oliver
Author: Robin Benway
Publication: 23rd of June 2015 by HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover, 352 pages
Genre: Contemporary, Romance


Title: Every Last Word
Author: Tamara Ireland Stone
Publication: 16th of June 2015 by Disney-Hyperion
Format: Hardcover, 368 pages
Genre: Contemporary, Romance

Read my review here.

Title: The Raven Boys, (The Raven Cycle, #1)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publication: 18th of September 2012 by Scholastic Press
Format: Hardcover, 416 pages
Genre: Paranormal, Romance

Title: The Dream Thieves, (The Raven Cycle, #2)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publication: 17th of September 2013 by Scholastic Press
Format: Hardcover, 439 pages
Genre: Paranormal, Romance

Title: Blue Lily, Lily Blue, (The Raven Cycle, #3)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater 
Publication: 21st of October 2014 by Scholastic Press
Format: Hardcover, 391 pages
Genre: Paranormal, Romance

Title: Throne of Glass, (Throne of Glass, #1)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publication: 7th of August 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Children's
Format: Hardcover, 404 pages
Genre: Fantasy

Title: An Ember in the Ashes, (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
Author: Sabaa Tahir
Publication: 28th of April 2015 by Razorbill
Format: Hardcover, 446 pages
Genre: Fantasy, Romance

Title: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Author: Benjamin Alire Saenz
Publication: 21st of February 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Format: Hardcover, 368 pages
Genre: LGBT, Contemporary


So far, I've read Emmy & Oliver and Every Last Word. If you're wondering if I'm only reading Throne of Glass now, nope, I just bought it again in this cover because I have the very first cover that came out and I wanted it to match lol. Anyway. I wouldn't be able to buy half of these books if it weren't for my grandmother, my mom and my uncle. So thank you so much for buying these books for me because you know how much it makes me happy, you guys are the best. Enough about me, have you read any of the books from my haul? Which books did you get this month? Hope you're having a fun summer and happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. AHH SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS!! I entirely approve of your bookish-lifeish-choices, btw. XDXD AFJDLA CINDER IS SPECTACULAR. (Scarlet is my favourite in that series though.) And I'm such a fan of The Raven Cycle. Like, Maggie Stiefvater is my #1 favourite author of all time of ever. *hyperventilates quietly in the background* And I totally want to read Emmy and Oliver. I've heard it's adorable...did you like it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder is so good! I'm reading Scarlet at the moment and I'm so excited to know what's gonna happen heh. And the Raven Cycle! I've read good things about it 🙈

      Delete
  2. Such a great haul! I can see few of my favourite book up there!:) The Lunar Chronicles is amazing! My favourite book is Scarlet, though, I adore all the main characters - especially Thorne!, he's adorable:)
    Raven Boys! It was such a wonderful read as well, and I especially loved the characters in that book. Plus Maggie's writing is glorious!
    I have Ari and Dante as well! I bought it when I went to PH:) Looking forward to read it!
    Happy reading, girls! Hope you'll love these books!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Scarlet! Wolf is just hhrfijfoirfj and he makes me feels things ah <33 I felt like their love story was rushed though so I'm hoping we get more of them in Cress heh. And yes Thorne's confidence level is goals tbh.

      I can't wait to start the raven boys! although i am a bit weary though as ive read not so good reviews about it ://

      Thanks for visiting the blog, Mishma <33

      Delete
  3. I have all of these books but haven't read most of them haha. I'm not a fan of Cinder, it's made me hesitant to continue on with the series. I have heard great things about Emmy & Oliver and Every Last Word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, on what page are you on now? in cinder i mean? the start is really slow and annoying but after a hundred pages it does get better! also scarlet and cress is ever better than the first book ah! i have a feeling you'll love wolf and captain carswell thorne <33 i actually didn't like emmy & oliver *sighs* i thought it was boring 😢 every last word was really good though! the poetry is amazing

      Delete