05/09/2015

// stacking the shelves: books i got in august

In comparison to all the books I got last month in the US, the books I purchased for the August is pretty disheartening. Most of the books I was looking for wasn't available in the Philippines. It was either in a different store or they didn't have it all. So what I'm going to do is write a post on all the books I got for this month. Doesn't necessarily have to be bought by me. Not only will this post feature the physical books I purchased but so will my pre-orders. ebooks, ARCs I got and some finished copies I won. I will indicate in the caption beside the photo if it's purcased, an arc or a finished copy I won. 



Title: Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #10
Author:  Sara Raasch
Publication: 4th October 2014 by Balzer + Bray
Genre: Fantasy, High Fantasy, Young Adult
Format: Purchased, Hardcover, 416 pages



Title: The Kiss of Deception, (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)
Author: Mary E. Pearson
Publication: 8th of July 2014 by Henry Holt
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Format: Purchased, Hardcover, 489 pages



Title: The Secret Fire, (The Secret Fire, #1)
Author: C.J.Daugherty and Carina Rozenfeld
Expected Publication: 10th of September 2015 by Atom
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Format: ARC, paperback, 424 pages



Title: One
Author: Sarah Crossan
Publication: 26th of August by Bloomsbury Children's Books
Genre: Contemporary
Format: Won a copy, Hardcover, 448 pages




Title: Apple and Rain
Author: Sarah Crossan
Publication: 14th of August 2014 by Bloomsbury Publishing
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Format: Giveaway copy, Paperback, 240 pages



Title: Asking For It
Author: Louise O'Neill
Expected Publication: 3rd September 2015 by Quercus
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Format: Given a copy for review, Hardcover, 384 pages



Title: The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
Author: Rick Riordan
Expected Publication: 6th October 2015 by Disney Hyperion Books
Genre: Fantasy, Mythology
Format: ARC, 528 pages



Title: A Work in Progress
Author: Connor Franta
Publication: 21st April of 2015 by Atria/Keyword Press
Genre: Non Fiction, Memoir
Format: Won a copy, Paperback



Title: Paper Towns 
Author: John Green
Publication: 9th of December 2013 by Bloomsbury 
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary
Format: Won a copy, Paperback, 305 pages




Title: A Court of Thorns and Roses  
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy
Format: Hardcover 


*this is going to be my second copy because I'm getting this signed along with Queen of Shadows at the signing in Tempe, AZ*

Pre-orders:


Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo 


Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer

*all pre-orders will get signed for me when they come to Arizona for a signing*


Unpictured eBooks I got:

Addicted to You (Addicted Series, #1) by K.B Ritchie
Ricochet (Addicted Series, #1.5) by K.B Ritchie
Addicted for Now (Addicted Series, #2) by K.B Ritchie
Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sister, #1) by K.B Ritchie
Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters, #2) by K.B Ritchie
Thrive (Addicted Series, #2.5) by K.B Ritchie
Addicted After All (Addicted Series, #3) by K.B Ritchie
Fuel the Fire (Calloway Sisters, #3) by K.B Ritchie

What books did you buy this month? Did you get any ARCs? Have you read any of the books I got this month? Let me know in the comments below. 






2 comments:

  1. loved this post! and the pictures are beautiful! tell me how snow like ashes, one and a work in progress go! ALSO THAT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EDITION OF PAPER TOWNS I HAVE EVER LAID MY EYES ON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) sNOW LIKE ASHES IS REALLY GOOD. I ALREADY MADE A DRAFT OF MY REVIEW FOR SNOW LIKE ASHES AND IT WILL BE POSTED SOME THIS WEEK. my sister has read one and the story is pretty straight forward. it's written in prose so its really unique. and i know i think that cover of paper towns is really cute ah <33

      thanks for visiting the blog, annie!

      Delete