22/10/2015

// one book launch recap at eason's


I am so happy I was able to be able to attend the book launch of "One" by Sarah Crossan with my sister and my dear friend, Aisling. It was on a the 10th of September, a school day so I was having second thoughts whether to go or not and in all honesty, deciding to attend was one of the best decisions I've made that day. I do not regret one single bit of it! 

The launch hasn't even started yet and I was already in bits laughing. The people in charge of these fab signings and I were having the bants (banter) whilst we were on our way to Eason's O'Connell Street. They know me quite well since I always go to their events and it's refreshing that we're already at this stage of our friendship lol.




In my defense, I wasn't completely at fault when that drink spilt at the Louise O'Neill signing I went to a few weeks earlier. Someone has left it there and I just happened to be at the wrong spot at the wrong time ;) 

The launch started with Sarah's heartfelt message to everyone who came along and also mentions how happy she is to be back in Dublin! To all those who didn't know, Sarah was born in Ireland but had moved to London when she was young. She told us about how she came up with the idea for this book and the process of writing it. Then read us an excerpt from the book. 





Look at me in my uniform though lol. I literally just got off school and went straight into town for the event. I was so happy because Sarah recognised me! She immediately stood up her seat, gave me a kiss on the cheek and big hug. I was so starstruck because this amazing person, who has written books I've come to love just hugged me. We chatted for quite awhile, took pictures on my camera and then one from her phone as well ah *squeals*. She is one of the loveliest authors out there and I feel so honoured that I got to meet her. It definitely made it in my list of most unforgettable moments in my existence. 




I also got to see one of my faves, Aisling, after not seeing her in months! She was busy due to the Leaving Cert then I was out of the country for the whole summer so I was so happy I got to hang and catch with her in the launch. She made the whole experience better!

Anyway, if you're reading this post "One" by Sarah Crossan is out now and you could get it order it from the links below. It is such a beautiful and heart-wrenching book filled with so much love and everyone should give it a read.









Goodreads // Amazon // Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment